a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting 0x800706F7

mlp353

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
Ok so a couple days ago my mobo broke, so i bought a new one i put it in and everthing worked fine, i tryed to plug in my headset but no sound came from them, but sound did come from my monitor. So i tried to disable my monitor so it was just my headset, and it wouldent let me. So i figured it was because i need to install new drivers for the new mobo which i would normally do with the cd but i dont have a optical drive so i found an MSI auto update program on the MSI webiste and downloaded the drivers now my headset doenst even connect or make sound and when i go to look at my sound and trouble shoot it "a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting 0x800706F7" And whenever i try and watch a youtube video it will play 3 seconds and then say an erroe has occured. Please help thanks

Solution
Well, you mention in your first post that you have no optical drive, so USB memory stick is usually the next method. Since the Windows disc is usually a DVD, you should probably not attempt to use anything smaller than an 8 GB memory stick, unless you know specifically that the Windows installation files will fit.
It is generally the case, with few exceptions for those who have experience finding and fixing issues, that you reinstall Windows if you change a motherboard.

If you are running Windows 7, from here you may legally acquire images of Windows 7 CDs which you can then either burn to a disc to install from, or use the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to make a USB stick that you can install Windows from.

If you are running Windows 8, follow this link to download a utility from Microsoft which will provide you with installation media. It has the option for creating USB installation media.

The Windows USB/DVD Download Tool works for Windows 8.0 and 8.1 ISO images as well.

Well, you mention in your first post that you have no optical drive, so USB memory stick is usually the next method. Since the Windows disc is usually a DVD, you should probably not attempt to use anything smaller than an 8 GB memory stick, unless you know specifically that the Windows installation files will fit.

Solution