Jun 7, 2020
Now before you suggest that I should file a ticket on Ubisoft support because it's a problem on their game, hear me out. I've been playing Division 2 for 60 hours now (I know that's rookie numbers, please don't kill me), and I only stumbled upon this problem in the past 3 days now, whenever I launch Division 2, I always get an "Unexpected Store Exception" BSOD, by this time I already have a sound cue that tells me that this BSOD will 100% come, it's a sound that comes from my CPU, so I opened it, and listened attentively. I managed to pinpoint that the sound comes from one of my hard drives, I have two, one ssd and one hdd, the sound comes from the upper part of my case, so I assumed it's my ssd.

Now what sound does it make? I don't have a specific word for it but try this, grab a jacket or pants with a zipper, and zip it as fast as you can, that's the sound it makes. Similar to it atleast. So I looked up the BSOD in the net and it was stated that it's mostly caused by faulty hard drives, and a lot of people reported that this BSOD happens mostly on their ssd. So I moved my Division 2 to my hdd and it worked for atleast 5minutes contradictory when it was in the ssd that after the loading screen, the zipping noises starts and BSOD occurs while still on the menu.

When it was on the hdd, I managed to join a game, though, every loading screen that zipper sound occurs and eventually my pc crashed went to "no signal" and restarted, no BSOD this time. For the sound, I don't know if it still comes from my ssd or it somehow transferred to my hdd, I eventually gave up since there is no point being frustrated by one game. Although, I would really like to get my Baker's Dozen before the season pass ends, dammit Ubisoft.

On the side note, if you're wondering if this happens with my other games, no it does not, I tried it with Red Dead 2, GTA V, Destiny 2, and other ubisoft games I have, but the BSOD does not occur.

However, I experienced this exact problem before when I was playing Wildlands, I eventually deleted it since after 8th BSOD, it deleted my save files. (I cracked it so there's no cloud, so that might be my bad aswell).

Also, there's atleast 2-3 seconds interval before the zipping sound occurs.

Solution
Sure.

Control Panel\System and Security\System > Advanced system settings;

The next window;

Under Advanced tab > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual memory click change.

Uncheck Auto manage box.

For C:\ select no paging file.

For the SSD. select System managed size.

After the change Windows will want to restart.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ssd shouldn't be making sounds as it doesn't have any moving parts. It could be a bad hdd and sectors / platter the particular game is situated on could be causing issues.

Try disconnect the hdd and see if running only the ssd eliminates this problem.

Jun 7, 2020
Ssd shouldn't be making sounds as it doesn't have any moving parts. It could be a bad hdd and sectors / platter the particular game is situated on could be causing issues.

Try disconnect the hdd and see if running only the ssd eliminates this problem.
I see, I must be deaf then. Although as much as I like to do what you recommended, I can't, my OS is in my hdd, because of... various lazy reasons.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sure.

The next window;

Under Advanced tab > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual memory click change.

Uncheck Auto manage box.

Solution
Jun 7, 2020
Sure.

The next window;

Uncheck Auto manage box.

After the change the Windows will want to restart.
Thanks, will try this asap, also should I put Division 2 back to ssd or should it remain in the hdd for now?

Jun 7, 2020
Sure.

The next window;

Uncheck Auto manage box.

I forgot to mention that the hdd is partitioned
and this is how it shows
C: none
D: System Managed
F: none

F is my ssd, should I put D to no paging file before putting F to system manage?