Question a problem with shutting off

Dreadblood86

Honorable
May 5, 2017
my pc keeps shutting off after i heat the cmos reset on the mortherboard it starts back up.
i7 9700k
1060 6g
32 g.skill trident
550watt seasonic
no overclocking
what could be causing my pc to do this

The "clear cmos" is a jumper somewhere on mainboard. I believe you're referring to the "reset" -button at the front of the cabinet to force a reboot - is that correct?

Or do you mean that you have to use the "clear cmos" in order to be able to boot properly again ?

Dreadblood86

Honorable
May 5, 2017
yes i have to use the cmos to even get it to reboot, however now its a completely different issue i assume caused by the first.
Now when i try to turn it on it just flickers on and off with an error code of cc, c2, c4, c5, then back to c4.
The fans will spin but it doesnt stay on and it did make it to the desktop once but them shut down again. i have ruled out ram unless both sticks went bad at the same time, i have also ruled out gpu and psu by swapping them.
some people are saying its a know gigabyte z390 board issue, but i also read it could be a cpu issue, i cant find the error codes for gigabyte so im not sure whats wrong, so i dont know what to fix