Question A problem with Windows 10

slavkow

Commendable
Jul 19, 2019
Hi, I upgraded my PC last summer. I got a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU, 8 GB DDR4 RAM and left my old RX550 in my setup. This setup has proved to be good, but I definitely need to upgrade the GPU. With the whole upgrade, I had to get W10 as well so the CPU would work, which I did. I upgraded if from my W7. This came with a big problem. Constant lag was always there when I would visit websites. Whenever it would start to load something, my mouse would start glitching and everything would start going very slow. For example, if I was listening music on YouTube and I wanted to check my emails, the song would start to lag as well as my mouse. This would eventually stop, but it's so annoying. Did I not do something right or is Windows 10 always this slow? Or is my setup bad?

USAFRet

Titan
This is the Win 10 forum. You're in the right place.

I agree with britechguy. Your symptoms are not typical of a good Win 10 install.

How do you know this isn't a problem with the installation?
Sometimes, an inplace Upgrade from a previous OS displays issues.

slavkow

Commendable
Jul 19, 2019
This is the Win 10 forum. You're in the right place.

I agree with britechguy. Your symptoms are not typical of a good Win 10 install.

How do you know this isn't a problem with the installation?
Sometimes, an inplace Upgrade from a previous OS displays issues.

I said it isn't a problem with the installation because I thought that britechguy mistook my problem with the installation procedure. Might've been a misunderstanding. Also, does repairing the current OS comes with the risk of deleting current files? I don't really want my entire HDD to be wiped out...

USAFRet

Titan
What he referred to was possibly doing a repair install or a Feature update.
Your inplace upgrade from Win 7 may have carried issues from the old install, or possibly created new ones.

And any major OS work really, really needs for you to have a full backup.
Just in case.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
No, a repair install is explicitly intended to keep all user data files and installed apps (be they from the store or desktop apps [AKA good-old fashioned programs]).

You have a very cranky system that clearly has issues. I no longer find it effective to try to chase down individual issues in most cases, as there are probably others that will then crop up.

Doing as I previously suggested takes care of it all in one fell swoop.

slavkow

Commendable
Jul 19, 2019
No, a repair install is explicitly intended to keep all user data files and installed apps (be they from the store or desktop apps [AKA good-old fashioned programs]).

You have a very cranky system that clearly has issues. I no longer find it effective to try to chase down individual issues in most cases, as there are probably others that will then crop up.

Doing as I previously suggested takes care of it all in one fell swoop.

Thank you for the response. I'll try repairing Windows.