A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or has been terminated

lightingft

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
Hello. So I was just using my computer, haven't changed anything that day regarding settings, overclocking, parts, etc, and suddenly, I get the 'A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or has been terminated' error, with Technical Information: STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x000000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800BDBDB1, 0xFFFFFA800BDB, 0xFFFFF800039CD6D0). What could be the possible cause of this?

I've been using a motherboard with 2 BROKEN CPU socket pins, and 6 of them were bent and restored back, and it has worked fine for about ~3weeks. Could that be the cause of this error though? My PC works fine in safemode. I've found a few chkdsk errors which I'm going to try fixing right now, but I haven't modified anything today.

Solution
Yes, you need a new motherboard.
It may just be an issue of not accessing whatever function runs through those particular pins for those 2 hours.

lightingft

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015

This happened on an incident when I first tried to change thermal paste and I spilled paste underneath the CPU socket slightly. I have tried to clean it and got cotton stuck all over the socket, which I tried to pull out. It wasn't very successful, resulting in 6 bent and 2 broken pins. 2 of them are broken off, yes. This happened 3 weeks ago. I've learnt from the mistake.

Anyways, I have done a chkdsk /r on drive C, and it fixed the issue, I used my PC for 2 hours with no interruption, but the next day, still getting the BSoD. Now I've done a chkdsk /f, and seeing how it goes. I will still need to change the motherboard asap tho, I believe? I'm getting lower CPU performance than usual in my eyes.

TRENDING THREADS