[SOLVED] A program to update games and close launchers?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
So, this isn’t serious. Whenever I want to play a game I have to open the launcher (steam, epic games, origin) and sometimes the game has to update and I have to wait, The game updates at around 2mbps, so I have to wait a while. There is an option to launch the launcher when I boot up my computer, and my games auto update, but I don’t like to have to boot up my computer and have a bunch of stuff open. And if no games have to update then I have to close those launchers. Is there a program I could run, or app or something that if I set a lunched to open on startup, will close it if nothing has to update, and if something does have to update then close it once it’s finished?

Solution
my games auto update, but I don’t like to have to boot up my computer and have a bunch of stuff open. And if no games have to update then I have to close those launchers. Is there a program I could run, or app or something that if I set a lunched to open on startup, will close it if nothing has to update, and if something does have to update then

The issue with doing what you want is that the program you are using will need a way to tell this other program that there are no updates. That is done through APIs that hook into the program but it has to be written into the program. You would need to check with the people that wrote the game launchers to check on that.
You could probably script the (steam) app to start up and close down at a certain time(like at night). I know that in Steam there are setting to control updates so you can limit them to only download at certain times, and limit bandwidth. I keep steam in my startup, but only allow updates from midnight to 4PM. That way it won't affect me when I'm doing stuff in the evening. Not sure about Epic or Origin, but they probably have similar settings for updates.

my games auto update, but I don’t like to have to boot up my computer and have a bunch of stuff open. And if no games have to update then I have to close those launchers. Is there a program I could run, or app or something that if I set a lunched to open on startup, will close it if nothing has to update, and if something does have to update then

The issue with doing what you want is that the program you are using will need a way to tell this other program that there are no updates. That is done through APIs that hook into the program but it has to be written into the program. You would need to check with the people that wrote the game launchers to check on that.

Solution