Peter1123

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
My build will be:
Ryzen 2200g
GTX 960 2GB
4gb /8gb RAM (2666mhz)
1 HDD

I have a tight budget so what kind of a PSU would you recommend me? I'm not looking for anything crazy, a 80plus should be good i think doesnt even have to be bronze?

I'm thinking 450 WATTS or 500 WATTS would be enough?

Solution
As far as brands the Corsair CX550 (the one with grey and black lettering not green) or the Corsair CX550M would be the best budget option. You could probably also be fine with the 450 watt versions as well if its cheaper, but if its teh same price buy the 550 incase you upgrade to a bigger GPU.

You don't want to put a no name random PSU in any computer, all you are doing is risking damage to your components or in some extreme cases electrical shorts and fires. There are a million absolutely junk PSUs on the market.
As far as brands the Corsair CX550 (the one with grey and black lettering not green) or the Corsair CX550M would be the best budget option. You could probably also be fine with the 450 watt versions as well if its cheaper, but if its teh same price buy the 550 incase you upgrade to a bigger GPU.

You don't want to put a no name random PSU in any computer, all you are doing is risking damage to your components or in some extreme cases electrical shorts and fires. There are a million absolutely junk PSUs on the market.

Solution