Question A query on my temps

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
A little over a week ago I decided to overclock my i7 9700k. After dancing around with several different overclocks I settled on a 4.9GHZ overclock on all cores. Stress test pushed my total temps MAX to about 85C. Which not super ideal it was by no means constant.

Everything appears to be stable and all the games I've tried play great. However I do notice that even at 15-25% usage while playing games like American Truck Simulator and i've seen the temperatures move to 53C on one or two of the cores. I've also noticed in more CPU intensive games like Planet Coaster I've seen the core temps hit 70C pushing more along to 65% to 75% utilization on cores. While I completely understand that these temps are by no means dangerous to my CPU. I was curious given the fact for this clock speed I cannot lower my voltage and given the fact I was still seeing 50C at 20% usage should I reevaluate using this voltage/clock speed?

Specs:
i7 9700K@4900GHZ
ASUS z390 plus gaming wifi
Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler
EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC2
16 GB 2666 MHZ DDR4 RAM
Voltage on CPU running at 1.32 V on 'manual mode'

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
UPDATE: Been attempting to run even more stress tests to see where my temps lie. Did several tests from OCCT (With no AVX and small FFTS) For 15 minutes , Prime95 (NO AVX small FFTs) For 15 Minutes and did a stress test using RealBench.

After all these tests pretty much back to back I had these as my recorded thermals:

For those who may ask. HWINFO had the same results as OCCT. The UI for OCCT was simply easier to see everything I wanted to see at once.

Never got above 86 C, but I have reservations of leaving it. RealBench was able to push into the 80s regularly outside of the standard stress. Games never budged about 75. But that was never a constant strain. My voltage was around 1.29 - 1.30 V. But I'm unsure how accurate that read would have been.

My next step maybe 4 HR test , but I dont think its going to magically lower my Thermals, I have little concern over stability at this point. Question being, given the fact I dont want to change cooling solutions is this a wise choice to leave my overclock the way it is?

Not that it matters but currently my GPU is not overclocked at all. Probably next on my list.

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Really don't have much interest in buying an AIO. I know they are probably perfectly safe but I am have concerns with a leak and what not. Not to mention just the process right now. I've been dancing around, with the two clock speeds and appropriate voltage. I have a stable clock setup on 4.8 and 4.9 ghz. Only difference appears to be thermals. 10 degree difference at times. Most likely have to keep it at 4.8 with 1.27 V but we will see.

Any insight from anyone who thinks me pushing up would be worth it, I'm all ears.