[SOLVED] A question about my MSI GTX 1050 Ti 4GT LP and overlocking.

Bromento

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, so I have MSI GTX 1050 Ti 4GT LP and I was wondering how much can I safely overclock it. I've recently noticed that when I have wallpaper engine running on both of my monitors it's core clock goes up to 1500mhz and memory clock goes up to ~3500mhz as seen in this picture here: https://prnt.sc/26csdko. From what I know this card's base core clock is 1290Mhz and boost clock is 1392Mhz. What also strikes as odd are the temps because it doesn't go over 55-60C and when idle it stays at around 30-33C. Should I try to push it or should I leave it as it is or perhaps I should even downclock it a bit?

Solution
Oh, okay, thanks for a quick reply but I was also wondering if it's normal for this card to go that high on it's own.
Your temps are perfectly fine, there's only an issue when GPU temps exceed 80C+
If you want to overclock watch a guide for your card and go up in small increments while stress testing. GPU overclocking can damage your card if you overdo it, its up to you if you want to OC but the performance increase isn't exceptional.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
Oh, okay, thanks for a quick reply but I was also wondering if it's normal for this card to go that high on it's own.
Your temps are perfectly fine, there's only an issue when GPU temps exceed 80C+
If you want to overclock watch a guide for your card and go up in small increments while stress testing. GPU overclocking can damage your card if you overdo it, its up to you if you want to OC but the performance increase isn't exceptional.

Reactions: RyzenRost
Solution