Question A question about my pc temperatures

Kalish

Reputable
Mar 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

About a month ago I built my first gaming pc, apart from some minor issues everything went surprisingly smooth.
I did notice something strange (in my opinion) when i started looking at the temperatures.
My cpu temperature is fluctuating in between 28 and 38 degrees celsius. (idle)
It always goes down in regular intervals, I can also hear my fansspeed going up everytime my CPU temp jumps to 38.
I also noticed that the cpu clocks jump from 2799MHz to 4174Mhz all the time.

To be more precise I uploaded a video to youtube where you can see the stats :
View: https://youtu.be/1ndMwDz6TYA

(Excuse the quality it is quickly filmed on my phone)

I hava an AMD Ryzen 2600x and a Coolermaster MasterLiquid ML240L rgb as CPU cooler.
The CPU cooler should be set to 'silent' in the bios.
The liquid cooling is intake at the front of the case, i have 3 exhaust fans as well (1 in the back , 2 at the top).
Is there anything I should worry about and/or can I change anything up to stop the fluctuating cooler? (the more I listen to it the more annoying it gets).

Thanks in advance!
Kalish

Kalish

Reputable
Mar 2, 2016
I did some more tests on my pc and found out that the temperature is jumping to 38 degrees because of the voltage spikes.
The voltage spikes from +- 0.788 to +- 1.400 everytime the temperature reaches 26 degrees celsius.
More voltage --> more heat --> higher fan speed

When i use static voltage of 1.325 on Ryzen Master, the temperature is stable.
Is there anything i can do about this?

Greets

Are you complaining or bragging ? 38c at load is terrific, nothing to complain about !!!! You have all the way to 75c before it would even start to throttle and 95c for a shutdown.
Frequencies jump according to load, that's turbo at work !!! AMD calls it PBO (Performance Boos Overclock) also very good thing.

Kalish

Reputable
Mar 2, 2016
Are you complaining or bragging ? 38c at load is terrific, nothing to complain about !!!! You have all the way to 75c before it would even start to throttle and 95c for a shutdown.
Frequencies jump according to load, that's turbo at work !!! AMD calls it PBO (Performance Boos Overclock) also very good thing.

The temperatures are all in idle, not at load.
I am not saying it is a huge problem but I think it is annoying that my radiator fan sounds like a plane taking off every 10 seconds.

Fluctuations are normal.

I just thought 0.7v and 10 degrees celsius fluctuations in idle are a little odd, maybe someone knew a solution to it :).

Regarding your cooler, how is it connected ? Pump to AiO_Pump header and radiator fans to CPU_Fan header ?
Pump should run with steady full speed and radiator fans speed curve could be set so it doesn't reach full speed until 75c. Some MBs also have option to delay fan acceleration. I have my fans on CM Nepton 140XJ set to run no more than 50% until over 50c and full at 75c which it never reaches anyway.

Kalish

Reputable
Mar 2, 2016
I have no experience with configuring fans whatsoever.
The pump is indeed connected to SYS_FAN_5_PUMP and the radiator fan is connected to CPU_FAN.
The CPU fan is set to PWM and silent in the bios.
The motherboard is a gigabyte aorus b450 x470 ultra gaming.
The cpu fan is jumping back and forth from 878 RPM to 1071 RPM in idle, i'd rather have it a little more static.