Question A question about server obfuscation?

Feb 1, 2019
Hello, I'm planning a work trip to China and it's mandatory for me to remain on social media. I know a VPN helps and I'm using Surfshark on my iOS and Laptop too. I read using a VPN is illegal in China and that server obfuscation (I added a link above) helps to make your traffic look like it's not connected to a VPN at all. I need to access Facebook, Twitter and BBC, is it safe for me to access these websites having server obfuscation turned on Surfshark? Maybe you have some additional recommendations? Thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
Those are questions for your company's IT team and Legal team.

For the most part I would not expect that being on social media, such as it is, ever being a mandatory requirement. If you cannot live or function without social media sans VPN then plan accordingly while on your work trip.

Trying to get around or bypass any host country rules could get you into trouble..

And helping you do so is likely a violation of Forum rules.

Feb 1, 2019
Sadly we don't have an IT team, but I do appreciate your answer. When working in marketing department social media is of utmost importance, it's not a personal issue. The same goes for Russia banning LinkedIn... But that's straying away from the question I asked. I will take your warning into consideration, thank you.