Question A question about setting up speakers on multiple devices.

NoviceWork

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
Hey all, I wondering if I could get some advice on the possibility of having a set of speakers rigged up to use a laptop, xbox series x and ps4. I have the three working (visually) through the aid of a hdmi splitter but while the laptop is fine with its own audio or using usb speakers the same cannot be said for the consoles. True, I could use headphones via the controller but my ears can only handle them for short periods of time. I looked online for some help(and there's plenty) but I'm not sure which road to go and I don't what to waste money.

Any help would really be appreciated.

P.S - The monitor I'm using only has one 3.5mm jack, vga and hdmi port.

This set of speakers you are talking about, are you going to buy something to use or something you already have?
Possibly a soundbar with HDMI inputs would work with a splitter, although I have not tried that setup myself. Usually that is done through a source switcher, not a splitter. Audio splitter would work also, the audio out on the devices would go to the splitter. You may need adapters though if they all don't have 3.5 mm jacks. Another option is using bluetooth speakers but that may introduce some delay in audio and I don't know if the consoles support bluetooth.