[SOLVED] A Question on the use of undervolting for long-term use (Laptop)

Sep 19, 2020
Hey guys, its my first attempt to post a question on this forum so please go easy on me. :)

My question is, I have applied an underclock and undervolt to my GTX 1660ti mobile, and have achieved stable performance while gaming and with Heaven benchmark. Now, would it be alright for me to leave this undervolt on at all times? Or do I have to revert to the regular clockspeed/voltage when I'm not gaming? Because I have concerns if changing back and forth between standard and undervolted states will cause damage to my GPU. I undervolted by around -80 mv. Also, does disabling boost clock on my CPU (It usually clocks at 4.3 Ghz, boost disabled it clocks at 2.9 Ghz but my games still achieve 144 fps at base clock) have any lasting effects on the CPU as well? I'm achieving temps of around 58-65 C on my GPU under load, and around 60-68 on my CPU.

Attached is a picture of the curve I created (i couldn't attach the picture for some reason)
View: https://imgur.com/a/DAp1fek

My unit is the Lenovo Legion 5
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
GTX 1660ti
16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM
512 GB SSD

My thanks in advance for the people that will answer!

Solution
Hey guys, its my first attempt to post a question on this forum so please go easy on me. :)

My question is, I have applied an underclock and undervolt to my GTX 1660ti mobile, and have achieved stable performance while gaming and with Heaven benchmark. Now, would it be alright for me to leave this undervolt on at all times? Or do I have to revert to the regular clockspeed/voltage when I'm not gaming? Because I have concerns if changing back and forth between standard and undervolted states will cause damage to my GPU. I undervolted by around -80 mv. Also, does disabling boost clock on my CPU (It usually clocks at 4.3 Ghz, boost disabled it clocks at 2.9 Ghz but my games still achieve 144 fps at base clock) have any lasting effects...

My question is, I have applied an underclock and undervolt to my GTX 1660ti mobile, and have achieved stable performance while gaming and with Heaven benchmark. Now, would it be alright for me to leave this undervolt on at all times? Or do I have to revert to the regular clockspeed/voltage when I'm not gaming? Because I have concerns if changing back and forth between standard and undervolted states will cause damage to my GPU. I undervolted by around -80 mv. Also, does disabling boost clock on my CPU (It usually clocks at 4.3 Ghz, boost disabled it clocks at 2.9 Ghz but my games still achieve 144 fps at base clock) have any lasting effects on the CPU as well? I'm achieving temps of around 58-65 C on my GPU under load, and around 60-68 on my CPU.

Attached is a picture of the curve I created (i couldn't attach the picture for some reason)

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
GTX 1660ti
16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM
512 GB SSD

If undervolt/underclock performance is satisfactory I don't see why would it be detrimental.

Reactions: Lemuel Buenviaje
Solution
Jan 7, 2021

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
GTX 1660ti
16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM
512 GB SSD

Could you please tell me how did you underclock and undervolt your laptop ?