Question A question regarding laptop cables. (same part number?)

Oct 30, 2019
My laptop's display won't turn on even though the laptop itself does. A possible cause is the screen cable. I've replaced it, however, to no avail. Its replacement belongs to a different model, however. Mine is a Toshiba Qosmio and that cabel's model is a Toshiba Satelite.

They have the same number in the middle line, though (6017B0495001). The line beneath that doesn't match. The camera works fine no matter which cable is used.

Does anyone know anything about such cables or has any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

If the cable is not the exact same part number, then it will not work. Doesn't matter what the model of the laptop is. It matters what the model of the display cable IS and is SUPPOSED, to be. Different cable, no work. Same cable, work. IF the cable is the problem.

By part number, I mean the number of the part that the manufacturer of that laptop SAYS should be used when replacing that cable. In this case, that number seems to be correct for both laptop models. I'd say your problem is either somewhere else or you have not installed the cable correctly.