A question regarding Poledit

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

An employee of ours was fired. When we attempted to access
the computer, it appears that he as secured it with
Poledit. all that we can access is the floppy drive and
the internet. Is there a way around what he did whith out
redoing the whole computer

A question regarding Poledit

Is this a NT Workstation? Was he an administrator of this machine? Are you
loggin in as a domain admin or a local admin?

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> An employee of ours was fired. When we attempted to access
> the computer, it appears that he as secured it with
> Poledit. all that we can access is the floppy drive and
> the internet. Is there a way around what he did whith out
> redoing the whole computer
>

> A question regarding Poledit

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Yes it is a NT workstation. He had local admin rights. But I think all that we are able to do is local user rights, maybe not even admin

j.>-----Original Message-----
>Is this a NT Workstation? Was he an administrator of this machine? Are you
>loggin in as a domain admin or a local admin?
>
>--
>Scott Harding
>MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
>Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
>
>"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> An employee of ours was fired. When we attempted to access
>> the computer, it appears that he as secured it with
>> Poledit. all that we can access is the floppy drive and
>> the internet. Is there a way around what he did whith out
>> redoing the whole computer
>>

>> A question regarding Poledit
>

>.

If this computer is on a domain then you can login with the Domain Admin
account and have admin privileges and from there can change any policy's.

--

Yes it is a NT workstation. He had local admin rights. But I think all that
we are able to do is local user rights, maybe not even admin

j.>-----Original Message-----
>Is this a NT Workstation? Was he an administrator of this machine? Are you
>loggin in as a domain admin or a local admin?
>
>--
>Scott Harding
>MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
>Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
>
>"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> An employee of ours was fired. When we attempted to access
>> the computer, it appears that he as secured it with
>> Poledit. all that we can access is the floppy drive and
>> the internet. Is there a way around what he did whith out
>> redoing the whole computer
>>

>> A question regarding Poledit
>

>.

Dave