Dec 6, 2020
I have a very strange problem with my computer, first I will give you my pc specs and then I will tell you the story.

Old PC: Non Modular 500W Thermaltake PSU (Replaced by Non Modular 600W EVGA 80 Plus)
Motherboard ASUS M578LM-USB3
CPU FX-6100
CPU Cooler AM3 Stock
GPU GT-710 (Replaced by Gigabyte RX 570 GAMING 4G rev 1.1 in 2019)
RAM HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866mhz
Storage HDD WDBLUE 7200RPM 500GB
Monitor Samsung LC24F39

Actual PC: Non Modular 600W EVGA 80 Plus
Motherboard GIGABYTE B550M Aorus Elite
CPU Ryzen 5 5600X
CPU Cooler Wraith Stealth
GPU Gigabyte RX 570 GAMING 4G rev 1.1
RAM X2 Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ (32GB Dual Channel)
Storage SSD Crucial MX500 1TB
Monitor Samsung LC24F39

In the past I used to use a more modest pc and used to play quite a few games without any graphic problems although the performance of this was not very good to say, so I decided to buy the RX 570 once I saw it on sale in a very popular computer store in my country in 2019. The first thing I played after installing the GPU was Battlefield 3, but, although the performance itself was much better but not as much as expected (probably because of cpu bottleneck), I noticed that there were strange things in the graphics, especially in the shadows, which for some strange reason moved when I did it, if I stood still the thing was normal.

After using the PC for a while, the PSU began to fail and I had no choice but to change it to the one I have now, after installing the PSU I moved to other games in which I also had strange problems, but more often with the textures, the textures for some reason, as well as the shadows, moved when I moved, but it was a strange effect of Z-Fighting, it seemed as if the textures collided with each other, causing this visual error, plus sometimes I saw white lines somewhat pixelated in some textures, which some disappeared when I approached and others that stayed there permanently (That in games like DOOM 2016) also, appeared white dots that moved if I did the same (the same pattern is repeated), problems with the LOD, The illumination or shadow loads in front of me, generating a dark line on light surfaces making it look ugly (Dark Souls), and in games like Halo Reach and GTA V (the latter more prominent on the lawn) rounded circles appear as if they do not load the textures, but if I get a little closer, it loads successfully, making it look normal as it should be; the problem is that the LOD doesn't load within a couple of meters of me, which makes it very uncomfortable and impossible not to notice.

A few days ago i built my own pc with the specs i wrote above and the performance is 10x better than before, in games with the source engine the fps almost always stays above 300 even in games like TF2 which is poorly optimized; the point is that in these games with Source engine, i have not had major problems with textures, i only saw white dots and white lines rarely, but i thought that by replacing the CPU, the board and the RAM, my problems would be solved once and for all. I was wrong.

Although, the performance increased dramatically, the visual problems were still there, which made me think that the problem was with the GPU, so this morning I decided to swap the GPU for the GT-710 I had before, to see if the visual error persisted; after successfully installing this GPU I decided to try it in Half-Life 1, which I had played before with this GPU and never had any problems whatsoever. The problem remained. I had previously played Half life 1 with the RX 570 and had noticed strange texture errors in the game, because they never happened with my GT-710, but now that I tried it again with this card, the visual errors were still there. Really, I have tried everything since the beginning of the problem, I have reset the GPU options to factory settings, I have messed with it doing undervolt and changing the power limit, I have used DDU, reinstalled Windows from 0, changed the Bios of the GPU, I have reset the bios options of my motherboard and none of this has been able to solve the problem, it is still there. I only have 1 suspicious part left, the PSU, since it is the only thing I didn't change lately and the problems started when I installed that one, but I can't figure out how a PSU can affect the GPU in that way, will this be the real solution to my problem?

If you have experienced something similar, please tell me how you solved your problems, I can't think of anything else to do with this. I will leave some videos below as an example of my problems. Thank you very much for reading to the end. :)

Videos:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMMfEYjroclIiX_Ald646ZlgX5AH3DSBk

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS