Question A-RGB Fan/s out of Sync ?

Feb 15, 2022
Howdy Everyone,

I recently installed 4 brand new Arctic P12 fans into my System, 3 intake on the bottom, 1 exhaust on the back.

In the process I have daisy chained all D-LED connectors together, starting with the first fan from the left ending with the exhaust fan on the rear:

Capture-copy.jpg

After this I have hooked them all up to 1 single D-LED Header.

The problem I have, is that this exact fan, as in the one marked with the arrow which begins the daisy chain, is not synced with the other two (middle, and right, The exhaust doesn't bother me) when the "Digital Wave" or rainbow effect is being displayed.

All colors "spin" at exactly the same rate/speed and the left fans effect spins in the same direction but in reverse order.

So if fan middle and right are passing colors, left fan shows at the same spot the exact opposite of the color wheel and vice versa.

My mobo is a B550 Pro V2, each header can handle up to 1k LED's. The fans have 12 each. So def not that.

Wrong way connected can't be, right? Since it's 3 pin and 1 pin is "blocked" so it's foolproof.

The fans are also physically definitely all installed identically as intakes, and the logo on them points into the same direction.

Any ideas?? The effect is consistent through reboots

Note: This is my first time messing with RGB, maybe they aren't supposed to sync in that way, I do not know. Just looking for help. Thanks!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Something to try:

You currently have daisy-chain of: 1. which is faulty, 2. and 3. which sync nicely + 4. rear fan.
How about you reverse the daisy-chain order? E.g 1. rear fan + 2. 3. and 4. bottom fans.

So, when you still have the sync issue, it is affecting only the 1st fan (rear fan), while bottom fans are in sync.
If the same bottom fan still has the color issue, then it's fan fault.

Reactions: ccfabian
Feb 15, 2022
Something to try:

You currently have daisy-chain of: 1. which is faulty, 2. and 3. which sync nicely + 4. rear fan.
How about you reverse the daisy-chain order? E.g 1. rear fan + 2. 3. and 4. bottom fans.

So, when you still have the sync issue, it is affecting only the 1st fan (rear fan), while bottom fans are in sync.
If the same bottom fan still has the color issue, then it's fan fault.

Hi Aeacus! Thank you for your reply, I will try this and report back my results! :)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022
@Aeacus I opened the back and changed the order of the chain as you recommended, now all the fans move their effect in a synchronized manner. Beautiful!
Was an easy fix, thanks for the little tip that made it all work. Much obliged. :)

Reactions: Aeacus