[SOLVED] A RTX 3070 Founder's Edition Ad: A good grab, or just overpriced?

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
I hope all of you are in the best of health and spirit. :D

So today I saw an advertisement (Click to access) on a classifieds website for someone selling an RTX 3070 Founder's Edition for INR 55000 (USD $737.88), the original starting price on NVIDIA's Indian site being INR 44500 (USD $597), though the website at one point of time also showed the price to be INR 51000 ($684.22).

The reason he wants to put it up for sale is that he is waiting for the Ryzen 5800x.

So here's my question: Considering the unlikelihood of landing a 3070 FE from a retailer in India, is this a good grab, or is he, judging the price, just another Ebay-like scalper?

I'd be glad to have your thoughts. :)

Solution

So today I saw an advertisement (Click to access) on a classifieds website for someone selling an RTX 3070 Founder's Edition for INR 55000 (USD $737.88), the original starting price on NVIDIA's Indian site being INR 44500 (USD $597), though the website at one point of time also showed the price to be INR 51000 ($684.22).

The reason he wants to put it up for sale is that he is waiting for the Ryzen 5800x.

So here's my question: Considering the unlikelihood of landing a 3070 FE from a retailer in India, is this a good grab, or is he, judging the price, just another Ebay-like scalper?

Eesh, indian used market is super risky...

Eesh, indian used market is super risky. Every time I considered anything used or second hand I had to look at everything with a huge truckload of salt because I'd see the same listing same pics by different sellers in different locations. I'd pass and wait for the FE to arrive in stock on Nvidia website. Retailers are screwing people over with their prices so I'd tell you to wait for FE Nvidia website stock to arrive. The only reason I bought 2070S 5 months ago for 44k and am not experiencing buyer's remorse is this huge price inflation lol.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
Eesh, indian used market is super risky. Every time I considered anything used or second hand I had to look at everything with a huge truckload of salt because I'd see the same listing same pics by different sellers in different locations. I'd pass and wait for the FE to arrive in stock on Nvidia website. Retailers are screwing people over with their prices so I'd tell you to wait for FE Nvidia website stock to arrive. The only reason I bought 2070S 5 months ago for 44k and am not experiencing buyer's remorse is this huge price inflation lol.

At the end of the day I just decided to settle for RX 580 4GB. Suitable for an i3-9100F. :)

Reactions: Prad_Bitt