A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?

Xavier

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004

I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and ALL the subsequent updates. When using
Internet Explorer and trying to display some url (web page) I get sometimes a
display of an error message dialog window that says:
"ERROR
X A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?
Error: Syntax error
YES NO"
When clicking NO, often the error window re-displays again, sometimes this
repeats three to five times.
Does anybody know what causes this error window to display and how to fix
this?
Thanks for the help!
Xavier

Xavier,

Go to the Control Panel and open Internet Options. Click the Advanced
tab. Check the boxes next to " Disable Script Debugging (Internet
Explorer) " and " Disable Script Debugging (Other) ". Uncheck the
boxnext to " Display a notification about every script error ".
Click Apply, then OK.

MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Xavier wrote:

> I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and ALL the subsequent updates. When using
> Internet Explorer and trying to display some url (web page) I get sometimes a
> display of an error message dialog window that says:
> "ERROR
> X A Runtime Error has occurred.
> Do you wish to Debug?
> Error: Syntax error
> YES NO"
> When clicking NO, often the error window re-displays again, sometimes this
> repeats three to five times.
> Does anybody know what causes this error window to display and how to fix
> this?
> Thanks for the help!
> Xavier

It will occur for each error found on the web page - so if the web page has
15 errors, it will ask 15 times, likewise if it only has 1 error, it will
ask 1 time.

If you wish to eliminate them, follow MowGreen's advice to shutoff script
debugging.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Xavier" <Xavier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and ALL the subsequent updates. When using
> Internet Explorer and trying to display some url (web page) I get
> sometimes a
> display of an error message dialog window that says:
> "ERROR
> X A Runtime Error has occurred.
> Do you wish to Debug?
> Error: Syntax error
> YES NO"
> When clicking NO, often the error window re-displays again, sometimes this
> repeats three to five times.
> Does anybody know what causes this error window to display and how to fix
> this?
> Thanks for the help!
> Xavier

Xavier

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004

Thanks MowGreen and Star Fleet Admiral Q!!

I checked the two suggested boxes ("Display Script Debugging (Internet
Explorer / Other).

I didn't uncheck the box next to "Display a notification about every script
error" since it was already unchecked (anything amiss?, comments?).
Nevertheless, I then clicked Apply, then OK. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks again!
Xavier

"Xavier" wrote:

> I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and ALL the subsequent updates. When using
> Internet Explorer and trying to display some url (web page) I get sometimes a
> display of an error message dialog window that says:
> "ERROR
> X A Runtime Error has occurred.
> Do you wish to Debug?
> Error: Syntax error
> YES NO"
> When clicking NO, often the error window re-displays again, sometimes this
> repeats three to five times.
> Does anybody know what causes this error window to display and how to fix
> this?
> Thanks for the help!
> Xavier

Welcome, Xavier.
> I didn't uncheck the box next to "Display a notification about every script
> error" since it was already unchecked (anything amiss?, comments?).

Nothing amiss. That is the Default setting.

MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten