A simple mobo question and also one for the experts!

uptown47

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013
Hi all,
Maybe a stupid question so apologies if it is... I want to change my CPU / mobo / RAM but keep the same hard drives. After swapping these will my system still just boot up normally or will I have problems? I'm trying to avoid re-formatting my computer if possible, but also don't want to change the mobo and then find I have to reformat the drive when I've not properly backed everything up?

Second question is a harder one...
I have a top budget of £300 ish (although ideally around the £150 - £250 mark).

I would like a motherboard that has at least 6 SATA connections, the ability to run 1080Ti's in SLI (I've order one 1080Ti but would like the possibility to add another in the future just in case), I would also like the mobo to be able to serve at least 5 USB ports at the front of my PC (3 x 2.0 and 2 x 3.0) and at least 6 USB ports at the rear (ideally). I'd also like to use DDR4 RAM and a i7-7700K CPU with the board.

I was thinking about the "Z370 Aorus Gaming 7" board but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions / recommendations ?

I want to have a dabble at overclocking my chip but I'm not an "enthusiast" and will probably just do it once and then leave it overclocked. I want to use the computer for VR gaming on a HTC Vive (primarily Elite Dangerous).

Thanks for any help you can give me on either of these questions. :)

Solution
You will have to reformat and reinstall Windows if you want to change the motherboard - no way around it. I suggest you start backing up data now.

uptown47

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Ahhhhhhhh crap!!! :-(

(Thanks for letting me know though :) )