A Sneak Peek At Microsoft's Changes To Windows 10 And Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAME MODE - a lot of confusion there. People have claimed that there is often NO PERFORMANCE benefit. That is actually a GOOD THING in most cases as it can indicate that Windows is already doing a sufficient job of managing the CPU and system memory.

It needs work, but it can and WILL improve many people's performance especially with weaker CPU's in games that have a CPU bottleneck. It can (or will) help even the best systems if it prevents Anti-Virus, Updates or some other unwanted program launching when gaming.

(my AV software actually has a "gaming mode" to prevent a scan when I use Fullscreen applications)

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Many seems to only focus on average and top fps while it's the fps dips to the extreme lows (stutter) that's the most immersion destroying and also hardest to get rid off in most titles.

From what i have gathered the game mode will disable/suspend or lower the priority on most of the background processes that often is responsible for the stuttering while improving the odd's that the game task is getting most out of the system at all times, in other words it won't boost much in the top/average fps area but rather remove the stutters and in my book that's far more important than raise that 100+ fps even further...

Status
Not open for further replies.