Question A stock B550M Pro4 vs Gigabyte B550m Gaming vs Gigabyte B550m DS3H

rayzaldy

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2015
Hello. I was posting because my previous post about GALAX B550M EX was broken and warranty claim said it was out of stock and can only refund 80% of the motherboard cost.
So the question I wanted to ask is which of these three is better from quality and stability perspective.
Asrock B550m Pro4
Gigabyte B550m Gaming
Gigabyte B550M DS3H
The specifications that I was using is
Ryzen 5800x
16gb 3600MHZ
GTX1650

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you need to look at the slots and ports each has and make sure they have what you need. look at spec sheet for things like "if you use m.2 slot, you disable sata ports" and vice versa. tye and # of usb ports, front panel headers and so on.

then if you have multiple options still, then start looking at the rest of the features.

Lutfij

Titan
One of the main reasons why a board would fail cana nd will be due to dropping in a processor that the baord was shown to support but lacked a capable VRM area on it(meaning it died due to stress) or that the PSU knocked it out(due to being a bad quality unit).

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

As for your primary question, I'd pick the ASRock board, out of three boards listed, primarily due to the design of the baord, it's layout and the other parts/components used such as a higher quality audio chip.

TRENDING THREADS