A Strange behavior r2 290 + evga 600b

antares23

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Greetings, first of all i want to thank you for all this years helping me with issues. i've been reading this forum for a long time, and i just want to ask you for you guidance. Its something complex...
Recently a friend of mine sold me the r2 290 (previously i had a hd7770), it was in perfect conditions, never had an issue never OC, i just bough a PSU for that card EVGA 80PLUS 600B, but i have some strange behavior: first, after install the HW had some crashes in win 10, blue screen, after that, random BSD playing far cry 3 and using qbitorrent, uninstalled qbit and goodbye crashes.
Recently playing payday 2 the computer just shut down completly (in my area we're having power issues, also i was playing with no lights on) i cannot assure if was only the pc or all the power in my house.
Also checked the temperature in the PSU during game, it was hot, i never felt a PSU so hot. now in idle is not as cool, is a little bit warm. I checked that PSU is OK with that video card, also, because lack of time i haven't clean installed drivers.
Can you please help me?

SPECS:
AMD 8350
sapphire tri-x r9 290
16gb kingston hyperx
evga 600b PSU
thermaltake overseer case
and a very old creative audio card.

Solution
Try this,
First of all you need to TOTALLY remove all the old drivers. Use this link.
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Note:
Select the respective company(i.e Nvidia or ATI) drivers to be uninstalled.
Use clean and restart option.
And then install the new drivers after rebooting.
Try this,
First of all you need to TOTALLY remove all the old drivers. Use this link.
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Note:
Select the respective company(i.e Nvidia or ATI) drivers to be uninstalled.
Use clean and restart option.
And then install the new drivers after rebooting.

Solution

antares23

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Looks like it, but i have a concern, My psu is hot! i know that a hot PSU is bad sign... whats the max temp that my PSU must got? i got a temp meter from an old build that i can connect with this one, i'll check the temp and report back. TY

antares23

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Well, it senses 43°-44° C on load (far cry 3, like 40 mins) and less than 30 on idle. Take note that the sensor is like .5mm over the PSU. i think is a little hot, but it put in risk my build or is normal behavior in EVGA PSU's? also i got an old Sound card over the PSU, and maybe is not permitting good air flow. maybe im starting to sound a little paranoical... :S