Question A SUDDEN extreme lag when moving mouse on 1000 polling rate in all games

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
Today I started experiencing a sudden extreme lag when moving my mouse in Apex Legends and Rainbow Six Siege. I looked everywhere and came to the conclusion that the polling rate of my mouse is causing an issue. I have always had it on 1000 and never faced any problems, so I tried lowering it to 500, still a lot of lag, next down to 250 and its still lagging, I had to go all the way down to 125 polling rate for it to be less lag/stuttering, but its still very noticeable and annoying.

I have tried closing Steelseries Engine as that might have caused an issue, but no difference. No clue what the problem is as I never experienced it before today.

Mouse:
  • Steelseries 310 Rival
Rig:
  • AMD R9 390 8GB
  • i7-6700
  • 16GB Ram
  • 750W

Suddenly when playing today in Rainbow Six Siege I started getting a lot of micro stutters every few seconds, I opened up the task manager and saw that the performance of the CPU was at 100% most of the time while the GPU was at around 80% only, I think this is what is called a bottleneck, how do I fix it? It also happens in other games like Apex Legends

Picture:

http://tinypic.com/r/r7lzdi/9

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I think this is what is called a bottleneck, how do I fix it?
You can't really "fix" a bottleneck.

And bottlenecks are completely program dependant. What your bottleneck is in one application, will be a different bottleneck in a different bottleneck.

First step would be to list your entire system specification, including what resolution/settings you play at.
Then you'll want to use task manager or resource monitor to identify what other resources may be using up your CPU usage ( I cannot see the image very well ).

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
You can't really "fix" a bottleneck.

And bottlenecks are completely program dependant. What your bottleneck is in one application, will be a different bottleneck in a different bottleneck.

First step would be to list your entire system specification, including what resolution/settings you play at.
Then you'll want to use task manager or resource monitor to identify what other resources may be using up your CPU usage.

I am currently away from my PC so I cant remember the exact names and brands of the Ram and PSU. For the settings in the game I play at 1920x1080, 60hz, with all lowest settings and Vsync disabled.

I will check the CPU usage with resource monitor next time I play.