Question "A TCG Command has returned an error"

DeanLeitch

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
Hi guys,

I am receiving an error when playing games on one of my SSD's (not my boot drive), find below;

A TCG Command has returned an error.
Desc: AuthenticateSession
Param1: 0x1
Param2: 0x60000001C
Param3: 0x900000006
Param4: 0x0

The SSD is a SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 2TB.

These crashes only occur when playing games on this drive. Crashes are very irregular; some games crash a lot more than others.

Some research shows that this error is due to drive encrpytion? There doesn't appear to be any encryption on my drive so i'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DeanLeitch

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
List all your drives for us. I don't see anything obvious that says which drive the error is generating it.

Hi, thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay in my response.

Disk 0 - 500GB M.2 SSD, boot drive (NTFS)
Disk 1 - 1TB HDD (NTFS)
Disk 2 - 2TB SSD (NTFS - this is the drive with the crashing issues)

I've linked a screenshot below which will show more information about my drives.

View: https://i.imgur.com/HqjMXRt.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DeanLeitch

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
Model #'s please.
CrystalDiskInfo can help you with that if you can't easily see them in your case.

Hey man,

Does this help? (below)

hJtdIVh.png

DeanLeitch

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
I was about to post that the Mx300 is a Self Encrypting drive and may be the source of your error.

That would make sense - but why would that affect another drive and not itself? Neither my mechnical HDD or the encrypted Mx300 itself suffer from any crashes. It's only the SanDisk SSD (which is not encrypted) which is having issues.

Do you think erasing and reverting the Mx300 (remember, also my boot drive, for what it's worth) would resolve the issue?

May 17, 2020
I am suffering from a similar case.
In my case, I figured this was due to Crucial SSD.
This is because it only appears when you connect the Crucial SSD to the hot swap bay.
Firmware update did not help.
However, I have a total of 3 Crucial SSDs, but only one has a problem.