A TN/VA to replace IPS (or IPS to OC) monitor around 24"

sales.hosini

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
I'm looking to get a new monitor which is around 22-24" with 1080p and 120-144hz. After doing some research I actually prefer IPS panel but it is disappointing as there isn't one that match the criteria at all as many said somehow the manufacturer just don't think it is profitable to do this range (but it will seems to be perfect for many gamers i suppose?).

So now I have come to a point where i can't decide how to proceed with what i want. What I gonna do is work (little on photo editing), games (all kinds, rpg, mmo, moba, fps, strategy) and watch movies on it while relaxing on a couch or bed (i have a moving desk so no problem on mobility).

Refresh rate: anything above 100hz (just to improve my selection range)
Panel/display quality: anything that can match a decent IPS since i've no idea how a good tn can be, but the downside is i can't lay down and watch movies due to angle problem. and I like good IPS 's quality of image.
Screen size: 22-24" maybe 27" but 1440p is too taxing on my GPU 1060/rx570 to max fps and probably not that good for competitive gaming due to large area to cover for my eyes.
Resolution: 1080p
Price: $$$$$ (preferably < $500, but also can consider higher price)
Others: I'm gonna use this monitor as long as I can and hopefully get > 10 years life on it.

I usually use GTX 1060/rx 570 equivalent on new generation, but due to long term usage of monitor it can easily go over the power of current GTX 1080 after 2-3 generations which most likely less than 5 years base on past history. OR if i get a good bargain on 1070/1080 or equivalent on new generation on second hand market i will use it. So I do not worry i will under utilize the monitor.

Any recommendation for me?