a TOOL to dump memory.dmp into text file ?

polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Hi Experts:

Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a memory dump
file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump) into a plain text
file?

I'm looking at using dumpchk, kd or windbg. But not sure how to get it done.

Thanks for your info.

Polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Hi Polaris,

> Hi Experts:
>
> Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a
> memory dump file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump)
> into a plain text file?
>
> I'm looking at using dumpchk, kd or windbg. But not sure how to get it
> done.

The important imformation you will get with "!analyze -v" either in cdb or
windbg

--
Greetings
Jochen

My blog about Win32 and .NET
http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Hello Polaris,

> Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a
memory dump
> file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump) into a plain
text
> file?
I'm using xxd which comes with VIm (http://vim.sf.net)

HTH.
Miki

Andrew

"Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Experts:
>
> Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a memory
dump
> file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump) into a plain text
> file?
>
> I'm looking at using dumpchk, kd or windbg. But not sure how to get it
done.

> Thanks for your info.
>
> Polaris

polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Thanks all for your good information!

Polaris