A tragic loss

Nathan

I don't know of an appropriate "YA" acronym, but a disk crash just
took out my best archeologist ever.

I found a CoMR in a shop on the second level, then I successfully
completed the protection racket. I got SDSM from a magic lamp,
sacrificed for Sunsword and then Frost Brand, then just found Fire
Brand and Demonbane randomly generated. Just before the quest I
unexpectedly got Grayswandir as a sacrifice gift! It was my first
time to do the Arc quest (piece of cake with Grayswandir and a
potion of paralysis). I killed all the demons in Gehennom, went
down and marked the vibrating square, then paused on the tower
level just below Rodney. My AC was only -21, and I had a number
of other preparations to make before taking him on.

But then my hard drive crashed!!! Arghh!!
Oh, well. Now I now what's possible. I'll get this far again
someday.

"Nathan" <ntspam2@netscape.net> wrote in news:1113085459.840449.15530
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> But then my hard drive crashed!!! Arghh!!
> Oh, well. Now I now what's possible. I'll get this far again
> someday.

So recover the game when you get the hard drive back up and running.

I think he meant the thing got everything wiped. Bam, no nothing left.

Nathan

MaxGene@gmail.com wrote:
> I think he meant the thing got everything wiped. Bam, no nothing
left.

That's it. No trace of the data nowhere. Obviously this game wasn't
included in my last backup, so I have to start over.