News A Truckload of EVGA's GeForce RTX 30-Series Cards Stolen

gargoylenest

Commendable
Jan 13, 2020
"a truckload of expensive graphics cards is certainly worth tens of thousands of dollars these days "...well, a dozen rx3090 is worth tens of thousands, so I expect a truck load of it to be worth at least a few hundred of thousands.

Megangel1

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
'Furthermore, since EVGA knows part numbers of stolen graphics cards' .. well that is really pointless and useless information. Knowing the 'Serial Numbers' would help though!

Reactions: 2Be_or_Not2Be

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
My bet is on Dominic Toretto.

I can't be bothered with a serious reply with the bs in the world.

If I had never seen a Fast and Furious movie and you told me the first one was about a bunch of gearheads hijacked semi trucks for DVD players I would not believe you!

What sucks about this is someone can unwittingly buy one of these from eBay and then go to register or get warranty support to find out they were stolen. So more than likely it will hurt consumers not the thieves.

Reactions: Phaaze88 and boju

BILL1957

Commendable
Sep 8, 2020
'Furthermore, since EVGA knows part numbers of stolen graphics cards' .. well that is really pointless and useless information. Knowing the 'Serial Numbers' would help though!
You can bet EVGA knows the serial numbers , when they were shipped, what their destination was how many of each model and what line, in what factory they were produced on which date.
I cannot stand a thief, I hope they catch them but since they were stolen in California the authorities will just let them go!

samopa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
You can bet EVGA knows the serial numbers , when they were shipped, what their destination was how many of each model and what line, in what factory they were produced on which date.

They should publish the part/serial number of stolen products, so the potential customer/buyer that cares (I'll admit that not everybody cares) can check or ask question about that before buy the product.

I cannot stand a thief, I hope they catch them but since they were stolen in California the authorities will just let them go!

Is that bad in Calif ? Sorry, never been in Calif all my life.

Reactions: Soaptrail

lazyabum

Reputable
Jan 16, 2021
They should publish the part/serial number of stolen products, so the potential customer/buyer that cares (I'll admit that not everybody cares) can check or ask question about that before buy the product.

Is that bad in Calif ? Sorry, never been in Calif all my life.
It's possible corporate interests are involved. If so, the FEDs would investigate.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My bet is on Dominic Toretto.
Don’t let this distract you from the fact that Hector has be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines. On top of that, he just came into Harry'sm and ordered three T66 turbos with NOS and a Motec system exhaust. If anybody jacked that truck, my money is on his crew.

Reactions: boju

TRENDING THREADS