A unique situation... HELP ME.

QuitePurple

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
I have very important things to do...

My situation: I have a fully functioning PC and Monitor. I do NOT have a VGA or DVI cable. I need to connect my PC to my monitor.

Could I break open the vga to dvi adapter I have? It's about 2-3 inches long, maybe more, maybe less. Could I extend the port on my monitor somehow? Thanks for any help!

Solution

Well aren't you just super important and special. Okay all the Techies lets wave our magic wand and make this happen, because more than anyone else posting on this site, this OP has "very important things to do" and we can't be wasting his time with things like REALITY.

Get over yourself, get the dang cable and stop being so selfishly stupid.

QuitePurple

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

Sadly, that's not really an option at the moment. I probably will tomorrow, but all the stores are closed right now, and I NEED to get some stuff done for work.

Any other ideas? Anyone?

Any rigging you attempt to do is unlikely to work, mostly because if you don't have a DVI or VGA cable I also assume that you don't have a soldering iron and about 100 feet of wire necessary to make a VGA cable.

Seriously, don't be dumb, do it right or don't bother doing it at all.

sami5

Reputable
May 7, 2014

order the cable online with same day or next day delivery.

Well aren't you just super important and special. Okay all the Techies lets wave our magic wand and make this happen, because more than anyone else posting on this site, this OP has "very important things to do" and we can't be wasting his time with things like REALITY.

Get over yourself, get the dang cable and stop being so selfishly stupid.

Solution

sami5

Reputable
May 7, 2014

totally true