[SOLVED] A USB 2.0 to USB 3.2 Gen 1 header adapter is required. And A USB 3.2 Gen 1 to USB 3.2 Gen 2 header adapter is required.

Nov 10, 2022
Hello,
I was creating a build on PC Part Picker and received the following two compatibility notes,
  • Note: A USB 2.0 to USB 3.2 Gen 1 header adapter is required.
  • Note: A USB 3.2 Gen 1 to USB 3.2 Gen 2 header adapter is required.
My motherboard is the Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard and my case is the new NZXT H5 Flow. From reading several other posts on these same compatibility notes, it sounds like it's because the case has a Type C port and the motherboard doesn't support Type C?
If I never plan on even using the Type C port, can I simply ignore this and proceed with my build? I don't care if the Type C port doesn't work. It has been seven years since I built my last computer. I'm just a little nervous about it and don't want to run into any major hiccups during the building process.

Solution
Yes you can proceed, the only thing you need to remember is if people ask you why that port on the front panel isn't working that the answer to it is it's not connected to anything in the board or remind yourself that when you find it unresponsive ;)

You could ofc swap the board out with one that has an internal USB3.2 Gen 1 header. You could also look at adapters(like these).

Lutfij

Titan
Yes you can proceed, the only thing you need to remember is if people ask you why that port on the front panel isn't working that the answer to it is it's not connected to anything in the board or remind yourself that when you find it unresponsive ;)

You could ofc swap the board out with one that has an internal USB3.2 Gen 1 header. You could also look at adapters(like these).

Reactions: Nroddot
Solution
Nov 10, 2022

Thank you for the response and information.