A very Brittle Vegas 3.0

Harris

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2004
9
0
18,510
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I've been up all night recovering files that Vegas dumped for unknown
reasons. I suspect it's because I interrupted a process wherein all
files in a saved project are moved to one location (directory, drive,
folder, etc.)

When printing to tape, I pressed stop on my VX2000 and that seemed to
lock-up the program.

Often the program has trouble with an audio track, says it can't play
back, and a restart is in order.

Point is- I really like this program. But it seems so damn easy to
break. I blame my impatience to some degree, but having been a
computer geek for 17 years, I find some of this unacceptable.

More a gripe than anything else after 2 hours sleep, but I want to
know if everyone else is breaking this program as easily. Is Vegas
4.0 any more stable?

Cheers,
Brian
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Harris <rh128592@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've been up all night recovering files that Vegas dumped for unknown
> reasons. I suspect it's because I interrupted a process wherein all
> files in a saved project are moved to one location (directory, drive,
> folder, etc.)
>
> When printing to tape, I pressed stop on my VX2000 and that seemed to
> lock-up the program.
>
> Often the program has trouble with an audio track, says it can't play
> back, and a restart is in order.
>
> Point is- I really like this program. But it seems so damn easy to
> break. I blame my impatience to some degree, but having been a
> computer geek for 17 years, I find some of this unacceptable.
>
> More a gripe than anything else after 2 hours sleep, but I want to
> know if everyone else is breaking this program as easily. Is Vegas
> 4.0 any more stable?
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

I've found version 4 to be rock solid - and I've run it on W98, W2K and XP
PRO machines. Never had a complaint yet - other than long render times. An
if you buy 4.0 now, you'll get 5.0 free when it comes out at NAB later this
month!! Now that's what I call an incentive :)

Mike
 

ME

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
1,746
0
19,780
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Sounds tempting. Any url you can point me to with the details of the
promotion?

<snip>
"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:c4kobn$2jg19l$1@ID-113661.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
> I've found version 4 to be rock solid - and I've run it on W98, W2K and XP
> PRO machines. Never had a complaint yet - other than long render times.
An
> if you buy 4.0 now, you'll get 5.0 free when it comes out at NAB later
this
> month!! Now that's what I call an incentive :)
>
> Mike
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Professional/markets/sound/vegas_rebate.html

You'll also get a $50 rebate.


Me <me@me.com> wrote:
> Sounds tempting. Any url you can point me to with the details of the
> promotion?
>
> <snip>
> "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> news:c4kobn$2jg19l$1@ID-113661.news.uni-berlin.de...
>>
>> I've found version 4 to be rock solid - and I've run it on W98, W2K
>> and XP PRO machines. Never had a complaint yet - other than long
>> render times. An if you buy 4.0 now, you'll get 5.0 free when it
>> comes out at NAB later this month!! Now that's what I call an
>> incentive :)
>>
>> Mike