[SOLVED] A very strange monitor issue at 144hz

Jul 23, 2021
I was in the middle of a game on my 144hz monitor when it crashed, the screen was all fuzzy so I restarted. My main monitor was not working but my 2nd one was with the HDMi plugged In. So I changed the refresh rate on my main monitor to 60hz and it worked?

I have bought a new cable and the issue occurs whenever I change to 144hz even with the new cable. But it works perfectly fine at 60hz.

Broken screen View: https://imgur.com/gallery/Lrs5q3d

As you can see there is a tiny bit of screen at the top and the rest isn't working.

I have tried
1 uninstalling everything with DDu and reinstalling
2.swapping to 120hz (same result)
  1. New cable
  2. Cleaning the ports

Solution
check within any OSD menu of the monitor to see if you can manually enter a specific refresh rate.

once or twice i've run across screens that would reset to all defaults after a crash and refresh rates, color, etc would all have to be re-entered manually.

you can also try each DP port on the GPU to see if a specific one has malfunctioned.
check within any OSD menu of the monitor to see if you can manually enter a specific refresh rate.

once or twice i've run across screens that would reset to all defaults after a crash and refresh rates, color, etc would all have to be re-entered manually.

you can also try each DP port on the GPU to see if a specific one has malfunctioned.

Solution
Jul 23, 2021

aoc 24G2U this is my model of monitor. I cannot find a setting to change it and have tried all the display ports on the Graphics card also to no avail :( Im out of things to try