A weird thing happened (Win32/Neshta.A)

Matija123

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
So, I downloaded a file from the internet and i ran it. It was a Setup.exe, with some packed data. After a few seconds, it said that it's an invalid 32bit app. I have a 64bit system BTW. After that, in the same folder, there was a file called setup.exe.vir (or similar), and it didn't have an icon. After that, there were many notifications from the ESET Smart Security Antivirus (about 50). There were many infected files.
I restarted my PC. Then, every time I boot up a program, it says that it's an invalid 32Bit app. I restarted again. Now everything ran ok, but each time i opened a folder in C: directory, where my system is, the .exes were corrupted, but not every .exe. I heard that you had to remove a certain line from the registry, but I couldn't find it. Is a reinstallation necessary?
I have 2 partitions, C and D. C is the system one, and I guess the infected one. The setup.exe was downloaded in D-Downloads folder. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. I also tried multiple programs, but none of them found the source. As I said, the thing occurs when I want to open a .exe from its folder where it's installed or from the start menu.