A Wireless Keyboard With A Built-in Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
getting a gyro-mouse or even a wireless mouse on top of a wireless keyboard could be steep in some situations, but hey, this thing totally takes care of both things !

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I would consider buying one if it is of good quality, and yes I want it for use on the couch which is where I do almost all of my home "computing". There are quite a few similar products on newegg, starting at about $40 for wired versions, but the quality is supect.

v-man

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Just got the Logitech DiNovo Edge Keyboard with a trackpad built in. It is pretty awesome but costs quite a bit more than $69.

This is kind of an interesting layout with the number pad still being available. Not sure how well it would work without the tactile feel of the number keys though. Might be worth the risk on an unknown company for use with a HTPC or possibly in a data center.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]verenos[/nom]This is perfict for a HTPC in a room without many tables for a mouse to sit one. Sign me up.[/citation]
I agree. I still don't know why some people prefer a real mouse on an HTPC. At this price point it competes with Logitechs similar all in one keyboards (and I don't think they have multi-touch pads).

Wish it was out 4 months ago when I setup my HTPC, the trackball I got is nice, but its still a second peripheral taking up space. If my coffee table book didn't have little coffee table legs I wouldn't have enough space!

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I have been using the Logitech Cordless Mediaboard with my HTPC for a few years now. It has a similar design minus the multi-touch (does support scrolling with the side of the trackpad) and it only cost me $35. It was originally made for the PS3 but it works perfectly fine with XP or Vista and is recognized by my BIOS.

jokemeister

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
.....and why exactly haven't we seen this adopted for the laptop market. I would have thought that even if it isn't the "ideal" solution it's still a no cost improvement that will benefit users.

worst 3

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
if only the number pad was detachable so you could just bring that with you to the couch if all you need was the touchpad.

universalremonster

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mactruck[/nom]I have been using the Logitech Cordless Mediaboard with my HTPC for a few years now. It has a similar design minus the multi-touch (does support scrolling with the side of the trackpad) and it only cost me $35. It was originally made for the PS3 but it works perfectly fine with XP or Vista and is recognized by my BIOS.[/citation]

I too have this for my living room computer and was a huge relief from using a wireless mouse while sitting in a recliner. It is 2.4ghz as well so there is no problem reaching across the room. I would definately recommend this style of keyboard to anyone using a computer anywhere other than a table/desk.

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
I'd consider this, but I've already got a bluetooth touchpad that I'm using. It has a laser pointer too, and I'm quite fidgety ~_~

On top of that I think that if I get bored of the touchpad I might try the wiimote thing first before upgrading my couch controls.

maaksel

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
great for board/conference rooms too! much less clutter, and they idiots wont forget to recharge the mouse... or 'lose' it.

G

I've a small BTC wireless keyboard, with a trakcball (yes, trackball, not a stupid touchpad!). One hand on the mouse button, the other on the mouse ball. Do yourself a favor, dump this keyboard and buy something usefull...

G

been waiting for this for years.. finally its here :)
better late then never

G

well they pretty much took a giant green dump on any left handed person :(

Status
Not open for further replies.