A Worthy Successor In 'Gears Of War 4,' Hands-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
@Rex,

What did you think of the graphics?

From what I have seen so far it seemed that besides some higher res textures and better lighting that they were very similar to even the original GoW.

IMO, just not overly impressive.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
>It was difficult to feel any emotion for the new characters

I can honestly say I've never felt any emotion for GOW characters. It's more about hanging out with my friends and shooting imaginary monsters, and we've had a lot of fun doing so over the years.

Brandolfday

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
Looks good, but there needs to be an option for those of us still rollin Win 7. Gears 4 isn't DX12, right? Unless I'm missing something, there's no reason other than Microsoft just being d!cks about pushing a software upgrade for this limitation.

Honestly, they might as well put a big sign saying, "Download me from a dark corner of the internet!" on this game.

I'll go through the hassle of updating my OS when there's an actual reason, not to play a game I've played 3x before.

G

If it's not on Steam and only available on shitty Windows Store, no thanks.

iPanda

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
Hmm, so is it still 4 player coop in the campaign or just 2 player? I hope it is four because if it's just two then that really is a throwback.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
graphics look horrible, they should of went with a new engine for this game, looks too much like 360 game with high-res textures

plus it's not going to sell that much

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
@Brandolfday Yes, the PC version is DX12, which is one of the main reasons why you need Windows 10 + Anniversary Update (1607) to play. Lame, I know. It forced me to just recently update to Windows 10 just to play it.

I'm curious as to the cross platform capability. I last heard it was mixed where Horde/Campaign will be but other multiplayer modes will not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.