[SOLVED] A1 and A2 Q code 55 B1 and B2 work just fine.

ipwnhackers123

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
Soooo... Couple weeks ago I wanted to get into my computer case to put my stupid bottom left screw into the motherboard again that has a bad habit of going loose. So I took the motherboard out of the case, reminder that all channels worked at the time I pulled it out. so I took the cooler off, wiped the thermal paste off took the CPU out to see how it was doing. Was doing fine so I put it back and put the cooler screw back in there and tightened it up back to normal. Then on the way into the case with everything back on I put the motherboard in the case and accidentally dropped the motherboard on the backside maybe and an inch or two which then I checked to see if anything was broke, bent etc. Nothing so I put it back in screwed everything in place and went to go turn on and it kept turning off every few seconds. So ok I went to clear the CMOS and then I get hit with code 55 which is "Memory not installed" so I pulled all the sticks out and checked one by one. Found out only B1 and B2 work. And I tried almost everything.

I tried untightening the CPU cooler to the point of wobble
Checked VERY hard for bent CPU pins, they're all fine.
I pulled the motherboard out again ran the mobo out of the case
Pulled the battery for 15 minutes
Checked if the CPU is bent. CPU is fine as well
Tried each stick A1, B1 etc...
Flashed the bios to 3503 because I was on the oldest version since I never bothered to update it.

Right now i'm lost sticking with only 16 GB of ram on single channel performance.

SPECS:

PSU: CX600M 80+ bronze
CPU: Intel core I7 4790K 4.5 Ghz overclocked
CPU COOLER: Cooler master hyper 212 Evo
Mobo: Maximus VII HERO bios version 3503
RAM: two 8 GB 2133, two 4 GB 2133 G.skill
GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3

Did a CPU test too. It seems to have passed on everything
View: https://imgur.com/a/Y5va6Ks

Solution
check with 2 similar sticks again in slots A2 and B2 (the red ones)

use the memOK! button if it doesn´t boot (refer to the manual how to)

check the back of the motherboard for damages, like scratches or broken/lost components

Latest posts