[SOLVED] a10 6790k + GTX 1050ti bottleneck

Dec 18, 2018
I had a amd a10 6790k with Radeon HD 8670d (integrated gpu) , now the thing is i want to play games like fortnite,paladins,etc but my gpu is slow as hell and wont let me play it smoothly, i am planning to buy another gpu (GTX 1050ti) but i am also aware that if my CPU would bottleneck gtx 1050 ti? and if so, what gpu do u recommend for my pc so i can play medium-heavy games with solid 60 fps, my budget is around 100$ - 150$ but im living in the Philippines where the prices from other countries differ from there to here

Solution
Bottleneck does not mean that it's not useable. Unfortunately your cpu is slow and bottleneck will be present even from gtx7xx series.

From my perspective, you have 2 big choices.

1. Get the 1050ti, it will be Much better than using your APU graphics. At the same time, overclock your cpu to reduce the bottleneck as much as possible. This may not have you hit your desired fps, because you're always going to be held back by your cpu, but it will make quite a difference. This would make the most sense price wise to me. I don't see anything wrong with this choice, after this, it's time to save money for newer platform, because your system is in need of an upgrade to play newer games.

Not as favorable.
2. Upgrade platform, this will be...
Bottleneck does not mean that it's not useable. Unfortunately your cpu is slow and bottleneck will be present even from gtx7xx series.

From my perspective, you have 2 big choices.

1. Get the 1050ti, it will be Much better than using your APU graphics. At the same time, overclock your cpu to reduce the bottleneck as much as possible. This may not have you hit your desired fps, because you're always going to be held back by your cpu, but it will make quite a difference. This would make the most sense price wise to me. I don't see anything wrong with this choice, after this, it's time to save money for newer platform, because your system is in need of an upgrade to play newer games.

Not as favorable.
2. Upgrade platform, this will be way out of budget. 2200g cpu, using APU again. Most likely around 300$ which is quite the difference.

Solution