Question A10 7850k poor perfomance?

Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys here is Gustavo from Brazil!
Two years ago I got an apu a10 7850k. It has been good until the last months, until February or March, when I started playing other games (before I just played cs: go) I started to measure fps and see CPU and GPU usage and here is my problem, games like just cause 3 and dying light in any resolution with low graphics does not reach 50 fps and cs now is not getting to 80 in some situations. Is this normal?

My pc specs:
Cpu - A10 7850k
Gpu - GTX 1050 2GB
Ram - 2x4 ddr3 1333mhz
MotherBoard - Fm2a55-Hd+
Power Supply - Corsair cx430
SSD Kingstom 120gb
HDD 1TB

Jul 11, 2019
Check cpu temps with AMD Overdrive.
Have you changed anything during February/March?
i did not changed anything!
I tried to format computer, when i reinstalled windows i saw a little better performance but later get back to "normal"
It's in portuguese but overdrive show 22.9 and afterburner show 47º C

AyaDfhV.png

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Fps drop started from thin air!
No, it doesn't work that way, there is indeed a cause. Now, in your first post:
Two years ago I got an apu a10 7850k. It has been good until the last months, until February or March, when I started playing other games (before I just played cs: go) I started to measure fps and see CPU and GPU usage and here is my problem, games like just cause 3 and dying light in any resolution with low graphics does not reach 50 fps and cs now is not getting to 80 in some situations...
It looks to me like the problem started after you installed the other games. Check cpu & gpu usage in task manager. With all those different launchers installed, one or more may not be playing nice with your resources.

There's also the matter of your power supply. It's a unit of poor quality, and your system would be better served with another.

Jul 11, 2019
Cpu & Gpu usage in all the games i have installed seems normal, like just cause and dying light in 100% of cpu and 30-60% Gpu.
This problem can be caused by my ram frequency? I saw in other post that a10 have a huge performance difference from diferents memory frequecys

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu & Gpu usage in all the games i have installed seems normal, like just cause and dying light in 100% of cpu and 30-60% Gpu.
Those games are more demanding on your system than little old CSGO. The cpu being maxed out, but gpu having headroom means you need a stronger cpu.
Check task manager to see what other programs are running. If you have unwanted programs running, using cpu resources and the like, then that will also impact your in game fps.
Use imgur and post a screenshot of task manager.

This problem can be caused by my ram frequency? I saw in other post that a10 have a huge performance difference from diferents memory frequecys
That would be true, but you've already ruled that one out by having the GTX 1050 in your system.
The A10-7850k's internal gpu is what's dependent on ram speed. But that is disabled by default when a discreet gpu, such as the 1050, is detected by the motherboard.

Jul 11, 2019
Those games are more demanding on your system than little old CSGO. The cpu being maxed out, but gpu having headroom means you need a stronger cpu.
Check task manager to see what other programs are running. If you have unwanted programs running, using cpu resources and the like, then that will also impact your in game fps.
Use imgur and post a screenshot of task manager.

That would be true, but you've already ruled that one out by having the GTX 1050 in your system.
The A10-7850k's internal gpu is what's dependent on ram speed. But that is disabled by default when a discreet gpu, such as the 1050, is detected by the motherboard.
Oh ok, gtx 1050 "bypass" the problem, i'll print task manager and post here in a minut

I think Phaaze88 was correct with their previous post about your change in games. The old A-series APUs and their Athlon X4 equivalents just weren't very strong performing CPUs. Just Cause 3 mentions an i5-2500k as the minimum spec which the A-series don't match.

Thermal margins are fine, as was previously noted. What puts you at a disadvantage now is probably the resolution you're playing at. As the resolution gets smaller the more work a CPU has to do.

When I had my Athlon X4 760k I would make sure as many other processes were off to play games. Even having the internet browser on desktop and not minimised would cause a drop in frame rates; it can be that sensitive. If you use MSI Afterburner to check how components perform while in game, likelihood is you'll see some threads maxed out. At this point there's an element of managing expectations.

Jul 11, 2019
Thermal margins are fine, as was previously noted. What puts you at a disadvantage now is probably the resolution you're playing at. As the resolution gets smaller the more work a CPU has to do.

Well, i tested a lot of resolutions and all of them give me the same fps!

I think Phaaze88 was correct with their previous post about your change in games.

Why is not cs smooth nevermore? I never got <60 fps and now in dm i got 40-50 in some situations.

D

Deleted member 14196

if you update drivers all the time, sometimes you get these kinds of issues. newer might not be better.

you said it used to do 60+ and now it's <50 all the time, well, something changed.

look, the A10 is nothing to write home about as far as performance is concerned. what most likely happened is you got a windows update that updated some driver and now it's less fps in cs:go

D

Deleted member 14196

they will but don't expect miracles, and those new games may require new drivers, who know? you have to test.... or buy a new mobo/cpu/ram

TRENDING THREADS