A10 vs. FX 6350 Please Help

Burning Sunset

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015
I don't understand a lot of these benchmark things or anything, I just want to know if I would realistically see a real world difference between an AMD FX 6350 and an AMD A-10. I know the A-10 has a graphic processor built in, but I want to use a seperate Nvidia card. I just want to know for normal, non overclocking gaming and every day use if I would see a big difference or not so I know if I can settle for an A-10 as it looks like I may be able to get a cheaper set up with those.

Solution
if you get a good enough gpu the a10 APU performance wont matter in the long run as it would like combining a 9800gt with to help a 970nvdia with physics the card can already do both of those faster as a single carde than wait on the slower one to finally get done with its part of the work. mine as well just let the graphics card do it on its own to begin with. the only time time you will see a substantial performance boast with an A10 is when you par it with a 270ati or 280ati and in that case i would choose a 950 or a 960 nvidia or either or them and call it a day and at that point all you will have is an even slower cpu then a fx 6350 cause those Apu CPU's arnt good to begin with not compared to an fx anything believe. thought about...

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
fx8320 would be you best be if you don't plan on overclocking, the A10 are 2 slow, the fx 6350 is great for overclocking so if you aren't overclocking, spend the extra money 10 - 20$ and get the proc with the more core and the faster to begin with(the fx8320 or better). a10 are only good if you combine them with a equally say 270 radeon but if you aren't doing that don't wast your time on them.

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
if you get a good enough gpu the a10 APU performance wont matter in the long run as it would like combining a 9800gt with to help a 970nvdia with physics the card can already do both of those faster as a single carde than wait on the slower one to finally get done with its part of the work. mine as well just let the graphics card do it on its own to begin with. the only time time you will see a substantial performance boast with an A10 is when you par it with a 270ati or 280ati and in that case i would choose a 950 or a 960 nvidia or either or them and call it a day and at that point all you will have is an even slower cpu then a fx 6350 cause those Apu CPU's arnt good to begin with not compared to an fx anything believe. thought about upgrading too but ill wait for something new to come out or till i have more money because i am current not happy with AMD's cpu offering nor am i happy with intels step prises so its either wait or save.

Solution

Burning Sunset

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015
Thank you all for your answers, but these are he only 2 CPUs I can afford and still be able to get everything else. I just want to know if there is really that big of a difference to the point it would be easily noticed between the 2 chips.