Question A2 and B2 slots don't work

Aug 13, 2021
Would bent Ryzen pins be a cause for this, I carefully bent them back into place enough for the CPU to fit into the slot

as of now A1 and B1 work fine, is it just preferred to populate those slots before A2 and B2 first?

Aug 13, 2021
Bent cpu pins can stop RAM slots working. As for A2 & B2 being preferred for a reason yes they are. You may not get your RAM to run correctly in A1 & B2, it seems most frequent you cannot run a stable XMP/DOCP.
so as long as a2 and b2 is working things will be fine? alright got it thanks

What is your motherboard make/model? Have you looked at your motherboard's manual? There should be a section in it that details the slots you should use with a dual channel kit.

My motherboard's manual indicates I should use slots B2 and A2, or slots B1 and A1, for dual channel. Either combination is fine.

Aug 13, 2021
What is your motherboard make/model? Have you looked at your motherboard's manual? There should be a section in it that details the slots you should use with a dual channel kit.

My motherboard's manual indicates I should use slots B2 and A2, or slots B1 and A1, for dual channel. Either combination is fine.
[/QUOTE

MSI B450m Pro VDH MAX is my current board I see my manual says recommended is B2 and A2, dual channel is working fine and I don't really use XMP, it seems like its the board itself, not exactly a high end board so I'm not surprised by that.