Question A2 error code on new build

Apr 27, 2020
Hello all, I'm currently building a new computer, and every time i try to boot it, it never seems to get to bios and gets the motherboard displays an "A2" code, that seems to relate to drives. I tried removing the m.2 ssd to try and get to bios but no luck. I checked the plugs for the front panel set and noticed the power led plugs were incorrect and fixed that, but that also didnt seem to help the issue. Even went ahead and unplugged all the cpu/chassis fans to see if maybe they were the issue(I turned it back off instantly), no luck. Removed all the RAM (and fillers) and reseated one stick, no luck there either. Anyone have any ideas about anything else to try?

Heres the parts:

CPU: i7-10700k
Drive: Sabrent Rocket Q 2 tb
Cooler: Noctua NH-d15
Case: corsair carbide 540 (white)
Mohrerboard: Asus ROG maximus XII hero z490
RAM: corsair rgb pro 3200mhz (16x2) and 2 "light enhancement sticks"
GPU: None put in yet
PSU: thermaltake toughpower grand rgb platinum 1050W

P.S The computer stays running with all fans etc, just no output and error code A2

P.S.S This is only the second computer ive built, and first with nvme m.2, so may be missing something simple. for power so far ive put in the 24 pin to the motherboard and 8 and 4 pin for the cpu power. Rest of the plugs are for front panel, chassis/cpu fans, and "HD audio", which also goes to front panel.

Apr 27, 2020
Also currently plugged in a CD drive that i put in the build. Typical ASUS sata drive. Didn't actually connect it until after I'd already seen the issue.

Jul 11, 2020
To simply answer the A2 error:

first:
if no cpu fan is plugged in and you have a GPU plugged in the system will give the error. Use the onboard hdmi to boot then ignore cpu fan monitoring in bios. Then plug your GPU back in after restart. Stupid I know....

Second:
if you have any SATA drives hooked up disconnect all but the one you wish to have your OS on. Reboot bios ... might as well install windows and gtg. Now reconnect other drives.

Third:
If you still get A2 error check all fan connectors to ensure proper seated