[SOLVED] A30 Cooler Master with a 3700x, can I use it?

Jan 15, 2021
I bought a a30 Cooler Master to use on a 3700x, I know its not ideal but I'm short on money right now, so my idea was to use it for a month or two until I cant get some money for a better cooler. Now, since I dont know much about hardware I decided to ask the people who do know. So, can I use the a30 Cooler Master in a 3700x without my cpu exploding or something? Will it damage my cpu?

This is the link for the cooler https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/standard-cooler/a30/

Also, I dont have the cooler that normally comes with the cpu.

Solution
Don't be scared. Even if that cooler is not the best one you can buy the CPU will not burn or melt because of it. You will just have high temperatures.

It does look like a cooler that is literally not better than the stock cooler but it doesn't mean it cannot be installed. it's still a CPU cooler.

Install the cooler. Start the system and everything and look at the CPU temp in the BIOS.
Jan 15, 2021
How come? When you buy the 3700X you get the stock cooler with it. Did you buy the CPU OEM or from someone and they didn't give you the cooler that comes with that CPU?
I bought the OEM, just the cpu and no box. Is the cooler on the topic too bad for the 3700x? I can return it but then I would not be able to pay for a better one anyways for now. So I would have to wait if this cooler doesnt work.

Don't be scared. Even if that cooler is not the best one you can buy the CPU will not burn or melt because of it. You will just have high temperatures.

It does look like a cooler that is literally not better than the stock cooler but it doesn't mean it cannot be installed. it's still a CPU cooler.

Install the cooler. Start the system and everything and look at the CPU temp in the BIOS.

Reactions: mrfuzzy1
Solution
Jan 15, 2021
If it gets too hot, limit or disable boost or lower multiplier to no more than 40 and voltage to no more than 1.2v. You'll lose some performance but not much as otherwise it will throttle down to even lower frequency if left on auto and it overheats.
Will do that. I'm free today so I went to build the pc and opened the cooler box and realised that it doesnt come with backplate. Is the cooler so small that it doesnt need one?

TRENDING THREADS