[SOLVED] A320 + Ryzen 3 1200 Possible OC?

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Hi Guys, Forgive me if this question has been asked before. my msi a320m has a bios setting to adjust the clock multiplier of the processor which i can change and the system boots fine but when windows is loaded it still only uses the stock multiplier, is there something else that needs to be done for it to work? or does it just not work, theres also settings to mess with voltages and stuff, i've managed to oc my ram from 2666 to 2933 but that was fairly simple as the msi bios gives you OC options with timings as well. any advice would be highly appreciated

Solution
You can only overclock on B350 , B450 , X370 , X470 , X570. The A320 are locked motherboards for overclocking and there are chipset , vrm limitations. If you search your motherboard on the internet you can see many other threads about this situation. The motherboard is not made for overclocking it just resets the clock speed back to stock. Overclocking your RAM dont have to do something with overclocking the CPU.
You can only overclock on B350 , B450 , X370 , X470 , X570. The A320 are locked motherboards for overclocking and there are chipset , vrm limitations. If you search your motherboard on the internet you can see many other threads about this situation. The motherboard is not made for overclocking it just resets the clock speed back to stock. Overclocking your RAM dont have to do something with overclocking the CPU.

Solution

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Fair Enough, i just find it stupid that you have all those options available to you and it just doesn't work. atleast MSI should disable all those options or omit them from being available to boards that can't overclock, so from your above post i'm guessing the b350 is the cheapest option? which brand do you suggest that i would get the highest and most stable OC from your experience? Thank you for the above information as well.

Fair Enough, i just find it stupid that you have all those options available to you and it just doesn't work. atleast MSI should disable all those options or omit them from being available to boards that can't overclock, so from your above post i'm guessing the b350 is the cheapest option? which brand do you suggest that i would get the highest and most stable OC from your experience? Thank you for the above information as well.
With current prices either A320 , B350 is worth to buy them. You can look for MSI B450 boards like tomahawk they have good VRM's you can easily overclock a 4c/4t Ryzen and it will be safer for a future upgrade like a 3rd gen Ryzen.