[SOLVED] A320M Motherboard with R5 3600 (HELP!)

Apr 15, 2021
I have an a320m Pro Vh Plus motherboard and I recently upgraded to the Ryzen 5 3600 from a Ryzen 3 1200. Im concerned because people are saying this motherboard can damage my CPU since “the a320 has bad vrm” and other people are saying it’s fine. I don’t get why a motherboard that supports this CPU be capable of damaging it. Is the whole thing true should I listen them?

Solution
I have an a320m Pro Vh Plus motherboard and I recently upgraded to the Ryzen 5 3600 from a Ryzen 3 1200. Im concerned because people are saying this motherboard can damage my CPU since “the a320 has bad vrm” and other people are saying it’s fine. I don’t get why a motherboard that supports this CPU be capable of damaging it. Is the whole thing true should I listen them?
It's more likely that CPU can damage MB/VRM than other way around but that MB has relatively good VRM, just watch temperatures, that's all.
It's more likely that CPU can damage MB/VRM than other way around but that MB has relatively good VRM, just watch temperatures, that's all.

Reactions: Jamaman
Solution
Apr 15, 2021
Thank you so much! I thought it was the other way around, thanks for the help mate! My temperature for CPU is around 37C-47C idle with stock cooler, the only problem is it spikes 5-10 degrees every 5 seconds when idle. I was getting worse temperatures before but i reapplied thermal paste and now I’m getting around 10 degrees less now. Motherboard temperatures sit around 45-49C idle sometimes spiking into the 50s.

Thank you so much! I thought it was the other way around, thanks for the help mate! My temperature for CPU is around 37C-47C idle with stock cooler, the only problem is it spikes 5-10 degrees every 5 seconds when idle. I was getting worse temperatures before but i reapplied thermal paste and now I’m getting around 10 degrees less now. Motherboard temperatures sit around 45-49C idle sometimes spiking into the 50s.
You are good at those temps. Spiking temps and frequencies is normal as that's what boost is for.

Reactions: Jamaman