Question BIOS issue on MSI A320M Pro-M2 v2 ?

Dec 7, 2022
Hello.I bought second hand MSI A320M Pro-M2 v2 motherboard but I do not know which cpu it supports.

I know that it need bios update in order to accept 3rd gen ryzen (I want to buy ryzen 5 3600).So before I buy CPU I wanted to know which bios I have installed.So I used programmer CH431 in order to read bios chip from motherboard. Then I downloaded all bios versions from MSI official website.Then I used hash checker to check hash values and it seems that my bios does not match with any official bios there are. Does anybody know how this is possible?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I want to buy ryzen 5 3600

A320 chipset does not support Ryzen 3000 CPU. Best it supports, are either Ryzen 2000 CPU or Ryzen 3000 APU (APU is CPU with G-suffix, e.g R5 3400G).
Chipset compatibility: https://www.amd.com/en/chipsets/b550

but I do not know which cpu its support

Look from MoBo specs?
Link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A320M-PRO-M2-V2/Specification

Based on MoBo specs, it only supports up to Ryzen 2000 series.

Than I downloaded all bios versions from MSI official website.Then I used hash checker to check hash values and it seems that my bios does not match with any official bios there are.Does anybody know how this is possible?

When updating BIOS, you only need the latest one. And not all in-between. As of why your BIOS isn't listed, well, initial (1st) BIOS usually isn't uploaded to Support page since no point to "update" the BIOS with very 1st BIOS.

I want to buy ryzen 5 3600

If you want to use that CPU, better get MoBo that supports it. E.g B450 chipset.

Reactions: Ozimandis
Dec 7, 2022
Hello,thanks for quick reply.
i know that on the box its state that supports only 1st and 2nd gen of ryzen cpu's but there are sites as pangoly which states that after bios 7B84v34 is installed it will support 3rd gen also.
Anyway since i bought this motherboard for like 8 bucks i wanted to give it a shot and in worst case scenario I will buy better MoBo ex.B450.
But I was interested only in why my bios is not listed in official support page of MSI but you cleared that now,so thanks once again.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
but there are sites as pangoly which states that after bios 7B84v34 is installed it will support 3rd gen also.

Who do you believe, some random 3rd party site, who claims what knows, OR AMD's official site, that says A320 chipset MoBos do not support Ryzen 3000 series CPUs, only APUs?
Btw, keep in mind that AMD is the one who made the CPUs and MoBo chipsets.

Reactions: norcalsc
Dec 7, 2022
Hello,

When I unpack BIOS file downloaded from MSI site there is a txt file with short description what is updated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A320M PRO-M2 V2 (BIOS : 7B84v34O CheckSum: B252)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. This is AMI BIOS release

2. This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
  • Update AMD ComboPI1.0.0.3a
  • Support Ryzen 3000 series CPU.
Ryzen 9 3900X/Ryzen 7 3800X/Ryzen 7 3700X/Ryzen 5 3600X/Ryzen 5 3600/Ryzen 5 3400G/Ryzen 3 3200G
- Change BIOS UI to click BIOS(GSE-Lite) mode.

3. 2019/7/01

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
BIOS : 7B84v34O

I don't see this specific BIOS version listed on MSI site,
link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A320M-PRO-M2-V2/support

What there are, are: 7B84v30 , 7B84v31 and 7B84v361. So, from where you got what you have? :unsure:

Screenshot of what i see:

PlzJfT8.png

Dec 7, 2022
I found bios from link on MSI forum posted by moderator.It seems that this is the beta version of the bios.
Anyways as I said I got this board for like 8 bucks so I will try this bios during this weekend and share results.