[SOLVED] a320m pro m2 v2 motherboard

May 15, 2021
How many GPUs can I fit on my a320m pro m2 v2 motherboard? I currently have an RX 470 8GB and I kinda wanna beef it up with another GPU but not sure if it will be compatible ...

Solution
Welcome to the forums!
a320m pro m2 v2
That motherboard only has one x16 PCIe slot. So it will only take the 1 GPU.

In addition to that it would depend on what you wanted to "beef up" - if your intention is gaming, then dual GPUs is becoming fairly redundant and you're much better buying 1 upgraded GPU.
May 15, 2021
Welcome to the forums!

That motherboard only has one x16 PCIe slot. So it will only take the 1 GPU.

In addition to that it would depend on what you wanted to "beef up" - if your intention is gaming, then dual GPUs is becoming fairly redundant and you're much better buying 1 upgraded GPU.
Thanks for reply mate! I actually started mining on it since I don't use it for gaming that much. So I wanted to beef up the hashrate I get on the single RX470 8GB GPU with possibly another similar GPU. So can't I even multiply the single PCIe slot with a PCI extender or something?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Not as simple as getting an extender. You would have to get a specific riser card and then have a motherboard that also supports what I recall to be called bifurcation. Which I doubt this board does, and its manual certainly doesn't mention it.

The cost would likely end up outweighing just getting a new GPU.

Theoretically there are adapters where you could connect them to other inputs, however you'd potentially have power draw issues.

Because you'd also need to PSU to be able to handle both too, and you don't want to run those on a cheaper / poor quality PSU.