Simmers, you can keep your A380's in the hanger for a while longer :)

Although the first flight for the A380 was supposed to have been done
by now - it was postponed until the end of April.
They hope to start taxi, acceleration and braking tests next week,
which should last about 2 weeks.

The first A380 is designated MSN-1.
Wonder if Billy boy has a hand in it somewhere? ;-) Like the
fly-by-wire is actually a MS Network? ;-)

-=tom=-

GREGORY

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:17:55 -0500, Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net>
brought the following to our attention:

>The first A380 is designated MSN-1.
>Wonder if Billy boy has a hand in it somewhere? ;-)
>Like the fly-by-wire is actually a MS Network? ;-)

so that means in the middle of a flight it would connect via satellite
link to check for system updates and security patches? :)

GREGORY

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:10:03 -0800, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> brought the following to our
attention:

hhhmmmm so i guess this means that someone might be able to breach the
softwares security and take over the plane..... that is untill a "patch"
comes out..... hehe
"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in

> On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:17:55 -0500, Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>The first A380 is designated MSN-1.
>>Wonder if Billy boy has a hand in it somewhere? ;-)
>>Like the fly-by-wire is actually a MS Network? ;-)
>
> so that means in the middle of a flight it would connect via satellite
> link to check for system updates and security patches? :)

This brings a whole new meaning to the BSOD... moan....

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 23:34:06 -0500, Gregory
<flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:17:55 -0500, Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net>
>brought the following to our attention:
>
>>The first A380 is designated MSN-1.
>>Wonder if Billy boy has a hand in it somewhere? ;-)
>>Like the fly-by-wire is actually a MS Network? ;-)
>
>so that means in the middle of a flight it would connect via satellite
>link to check for system updates and security patches? :)

I wonder if you have to put disk # 4 in the CD drive on the flight
deck, or the engines wont start?

Bob