Question Some keys are not working on my a4tech Bloody B975 keyboard after cleaning it with a toothbrush ?

Jan 29, 2023
HI
After cleaning my keyboard with a toothbrush, suddenly the keys F2,3,E,S,D,Z and Left-Alt are not working.
Anyone had the same problem ?

tecmo34

Administrator
What is your keyboard?

When cleaning with the toothbrush, did you remove the key caps or just brush around the caps? You might have got something stuck in your switches, which causes them to not actuate properly. I would recommend taking the key caps off (if you can) and use some compress air to blow out the switches to see if you can remove some of the dust / dirt particles that are probably causing the issues.

tecmo34

Administrator
I would repeat and instead of a toothbrush, I would utilize some low compressed air spray. With these being optical switches, they are more acceptable to dirt and dust particles so brushing with the toothbrush may have caused some of that to get into the switches. You can focus on the keys in question to see if that makes a difference.

Using a toothbrush in general won't have hurt the keyboard, so most likely just got some thing in those switches that the air should be able to move for you.

Jan 29, 2023
The keyboard led are working fine except the this keys
6-ECA6736-D823-4100-A5-CE-B2-EEC9-F4-B9-E8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: