[SOLVED] A520M DS3H + Ryzen 3 4350G not working

Jul 4, 2021
I recently purchased and built a PC for my younger brother with a Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G and a Gigabyte A520M DS3H motherboard.

But after assembling the PC i turned the power on and i did not get any video on the monitor, I performed several basic tests like checking the ram memories, the power suply cables, video cable, and even updating the BIOS, and still no video. Just to make sure i researched on the manufacturer's website and both CPU and Motherboard ARE compatible.

I don't know wath else i can do, does anyone have any clue about this problem?

btw sorry for my english, i'm still learning.

Solution
I recently purchased and built a PC for my younger brother with a Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G and a Gigabyte A520M DS3H motherboard.

But after assembling the PC i turned the power on and i did not get any video on the monitor, I performed several basic tests like checking the ram memories, the power suply cables, video cable, and even updating the BIOS, and still no video. Just to make sure i researched on the manufacturer's website and both CPU and Motherboard ARE compatible.

How did you update BIOS without getting any video?

Did you reset CMOS?

Double check all connections and re-seat the RAM memory in their...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version on your motherboard at the time of writing? You will also need to provide the rest of your build's specs, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Yes the APU is listed on motherboard's supported CPU list and they state that you need at least BIOS version F2 to get the system up and running, hence my question into which BIOS you're currently on. Also, how did you flash/update the BIOS on that motherboard?

Did you reset CMOS?

Double check all connections and re-seat the RAM memory in their sockets. Also check that all the motherboard standoffs are being used with a screw that's tightened and no standoffs are missing.

Does the PSU turn on...check that it's fan (at least) spins. If not, completel disconnect it from motherboard and devices and give it a 'paper clip' test.

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version on your motherboard at the time of writing? You will also need to provide the rest of your build's specs, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Yes the APU is listed on motherboard's supported CPU list and they state that you need at least BIOS version F2 to get the system up and running, hence my question into which BIOS you're currently on. Also, how did you flash/update the BIOS on that motherboard?

CPU: Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G
Motherboard: Gigabyte A520M DS3H
Ram: 2x 8GB Kllisre 3200MHz
SSD/HDD: Kingstom NVME A2000 480G
GPU: Vega 6 (Integrated Graphics)
PSU: Gigabyte GP-P450B

I tried F2 and F12, i am currently on F12 BIOS version.

I update my BIOS using this method:
How To Use Gigabyte Q FLASH PLUS Bios Flash Button - YouTube

So i followed the steps:
Download the BIOS > Format the USB Device > Extract the files to the USB Device > Rename the file to GIGABYTE.bin > Removed the CPU/SSD/RAM from the motherboard > Stick the USB Device on the white USB port on the back > Turn the power suply on > Press the Q-FLASH button > Wait until it turns off

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021

Did you reset CMOS?

Double check all connections and re-seat the RAM memory in their sockets. Also check that all the motherboard standoffs are being used with a screw that's tightened and no standoffs are missing.

Does the PSU turn on...check that it's fan (at least) spins. If not, completel disconnect it from motherboard and devices and give it a 'paper clip' test.

Download the BIOS > Format the USB Device > Extract the files to the USB Device > Rename the file to GIGABYTE.bin > Removed the CPU/SSD/RAM from the motherboard > Stick the USB Device on the white USB port on the back > Turn the power suply on > Press the Q-FLASH button > Wait until the it turns off

Yes, i removed the battery and waited 3 minutes

I triple checked all the connections

Yes the PSU turn on, the fan spins and a red led on the Q-FLASH and the USB Device turns on.

Download the BIOS > Format the USB Device > Extract the files to the USB Device > Rename the file to GIGABYTE.bin > Removed the CPU/SSD/RAM from the motherboard > Stick the USB Device on the white USB port on the back > Turn the power suply on > Press the Q-FLASH button > Wait until the it turns off
Strange...I don't recall seeing a Q-flash button on that board's rear I/O panel, it must be internal.

You might also try each DIMM in each socket, both individually and in pairs, in each socket. Then if you're 100% confident all connections are solid it's probably time to remove everything from the case and bench test it.

Jul 4, 2021
Strange...I don't recall seeing a Q-flash button on that board's rear I/O panel, it must be internal.

You might also try each DIMM in each socket, both individually and in pairs, in each socket. Then if you're 100% confident all connections are solid it's probably time to remove everything from the case and bench test it.

This is very strange... i tried everything and still not working.

I think i will return the CPU and buy another one, do you know any APUs that are compatible with A520 Motherboard?

Jul 4, 2021
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/A520M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

That page gives full support list. Look for 'Renoir', although I have to think that Gigabyte will be releasing BIOS support soon for 'Cezanne' APU's, which include 5600G and 5700G.
My CPU is on the list, is the 4350G, i think i will buy a 4650G and see if it works... or i will wait foi Cezanne 5300G, but i don't have any clue when is the realese date, specially where i leave, Brazil.

My CPU is on the list, is the 4350G, i think i will buy a 4650G and see if it works... or i will wait foi Cezanne 5300G, but i don't have any clue when is the realese date, specially where i leave, Brazil.
Assuming everything is hooked up perfectly the only way a 4350G wouldn't work is if it were defective and it's just extremely rare to get a defective CPU. I'd be way more suspicious of the motherboard itself or the PSU, about equally. Even memory gets heavily tested for bin-sorting which makes it an unlikely candidate.

You might check for bent pins on the CPU. It commonly happens when installing, even when being extra careful.

Jul 23, 2021
I've just got my kllisre 3200 doesn't work either on my b450 with the rzyen 2200g, unless I keep my old slower ram in with it. Doing some internet searching, it seem to do with us having the CPU with integrated graphics. Really frustrating because I only wanted it for the faster speed.